I want to thank Deanna over at A Novel Glimpse for mentioning me in her end of the year survey! She’s definitely made my half a year or so of blogging really great. Anyways the 2015 End of the Year Survey is hosted by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner!
Number Of Books You Read: 68
Number of Re-Reads: 7
Genre You Read The Most From: Young Adult
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Since I can’t pick just one.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Both in a good way!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Not sure if they did, but I hope so!
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Series: Air Awakens, hands down.
Sequel: The Winner’s Crime.
Series Ender: Still Point!
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
A Few: Elise Kova, S. Usher Evans, Joe Abercrombie, Pierce Brown, Sara Raasch, Gwenda Bond.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Thorn Bathu from the Shattered Sea trilogy.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
“You’re not required to save the world with your creativity. Your art not only doesn’t have to be original, in other words, it also doesn’t have to be important. For example, whenever anyone tells me that they want to write a book in order to help other people I always think ‘Oh, please don’t. Please don’t try to help me.’ I mean it’s very kind of you to help people, but please don’t make it your sole creative motive because we will feel the weight of your heavy intention, and it will put a strain upon our souls.”
Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Celaena x Sam.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Vhalla x Laurel x Fritz
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
21. Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
None? I don’t usually have fictional crushes.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)? I really didn’t like these books.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
I love so many, sosososososo many.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
The Assassin’s Blade ! It was my first and only review in which I used gifs.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Probably just the fact that I created a book blog and have somewhat stuck with it!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Not staying consistent enough with reading or with posting.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Most Views & Comments: Top Ten 2016 Debut Novels I’m Looking Forward To.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Any post that wasn’t a Top Ten Tuesday.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Definitely BookOutlet and Book Depository.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Completed Goodreads Challenge: 68/50
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Blog more (consistently) and read more. But do it for the RIGHT reasons.